Listen to the podcast here:
What We can Do to Keep Moving
“We need to keep moving forward in uncertain times.”
History has taught us that all challenges, no matter the intensity, eventually pass and a new level of energy and possibility is awaiting us on the other side of these current events. We, as a global community, are seeing our interdependence with every citizen of this planet and experiencing how each individual decision can impact the collective. This is a powerful reminder that we all need to work together with communication, strategy, leadership, and shared wisdom.
The most important priority now is the health, safety and well-being of individuals and our ability to scale back our lives and staying close to a home base for a span of time, may save thousands of lives. While it may feel bizarre, scary and inconvenient to social distance, this time, which will quickly pass, may offer a window of time for you to have a significant breakthrough.
It’s all going to boil down to your mindset.
Are you in FEAR?
Regardless of the focal point of your fear: health, finances, family, or the unknown, the energy of fear is paralysis. This is the emotional and psychological trap in which many will be stuck. Regardless of the reality, that most of what we all fear will never come to pass.
Beyond fear, is GRATITUDE.
You’re healthy, you are safe, and possibly, you have a break from an intense workload or hectic schedule. There appears to be a plan playing out among world and national leaders, so this frees us to focus on our personal path.
You can put yourself and your personal projects first for this brief respite.
We can choose to be upset during this uncertain time. There are very real setbacks and personal disappointments playing out daily for everyone over the past two weeks. Cancelled celebrations, graduations and weddings; important meetings postponed indefinitely; vacations cancelled; people trapped abroad; long lines for grocery stores with empty shelves; a significant drop in the stock market and a recent unexpected slowdown in the economy.
Yes, we can easily feel FEAR when we think about these events and read news and listen to broadcasts, and there are a lot of reasons to justify your emotions. But your fear will not help you maximize this time. I just came back from the US from a Podcasting Conference. I have a plan for a 10 year project. I now have a brief window to plan and implement a sequence that I can follow with some amendments for the next 10 years.
Here are 10 ways to Move Forward in Uncertain Times:
1) Write a Book Outline: 8 of 10 people believe they have a book inside themselves. But, most of us are too busy to sit down and write out our thoughts. Set aside some time with your journal and see what flows from your creative mind.
2) Develop an Online Business Plan: We are all seeing the importance of being able to deliver content online. Do you have an idea for an online business? This is the clear wave of the future and you can use this opportunity to plan your offers.
3) Learn the Latest Online Strategies for Online Marketing: Udemy offers multiple low cost classes ($9 – $19) on everything from SEO, Social Platforms, to Videos and other topics. Set aside time to brush up on the best practices.
4) Write a Dozen Blogs: Give yourself a challenge of writing 350 words on your topic every day. These can be exactly what you need to launch your new platform.
5) Practice your Podcast: There are several platforms for podcasting. Find one you like and invite friends and colleagues to come on for a fun interview or relaxed conversation.
6) Reconnect: Schedule Zoom, Skype of FaceTime calls with friends, past clients, and colleagues. Just to check in and see how everyone is doing.
7) Update your Personal Bio: Write a new personal bio. It probably needs to be updated. Craft it on a word document, so you can easily cut and paste it everywhere, website, social media and associations
8) Create a TEDx Talk: Watch 10 TED Talks and listen to the audio book TED Talks: The Official Guide to Public Speaking by Chris Anderson. Then compose your ideas and read it out loud. Can you get it under 15 minutes?
9) Make Videos with your Phone: We all have a passion project or topic that could use some more video content from us. Make several videos and learn how to edit them with LumaFusion or Adobe Rush and KineMaster (for Android).
10) Your BIG BOLD GOAL: Personally, I want to write two series of books and make them best-sellers During my free time, I am working on them Do you have a dream project? An art show, making something unique, an invention a big dream project. These “wild card” ideas can often lead to something amazing. You may not have the time to launch something you are truly passionate about in the future, so seize the moment!
Take a deep breath. Together, we will get through these times.
I just did a complete two and half day training program called Jumpspin on Zoom.
My participants said they were really surprised at how well it went and how much they could benefit even though they had reservations.
We were going to do a retreat on an island. Instead we will be doing it in the premise of my current office.
We will release a series of videos that will help you create some innovative business approaches.
Click below to subscribe for the videos on business training.
If you need more help, you can always sign up for the next JumpSpin programme coming up and do it via Zoom.
One lucky listener, who will post a review on iTunes, will win a private confidential from South Asian coaching with me on discovering your souls purpose. I will lead you on a personal journey, to discover your unique mind-body psychosomatic map of your life. You will get a detailed report a personal 45-minute South Asian with me, that is worth thousands. On this podcast, I’m going to help you design a life that works. So you are able to say, yes on the things that matters and eliminate everything else that’s no truth out. The more clear you can be about how to organize your daily life to support your bigger vision, the more you step into your true potential. Stay on track, accomplish all that you want to resolve. Are you ready to make that happen? Feel free to reach out to me, to ask questions at AskDrSun.com, Your Life is a Gift, Design it. Do what matters and join me each week, as we get closer, to designing the life of your dreams.
I am Dr. Sun, join me next week, on your Life by Design.